Share This Now: [addtoany]
Watch Reseller Hosting Video Tutorial
cPanel Inode Usage Viewing Procedure
Linux Reseller Hosting allows you to view your Inode usage in your Stats menu it shows exactly how much of your hosting account’s resources have been used.Number of inodes indicates the number of files and folders in your account. Every file like a webpage, image file, an email, cache file etc will count as 1 inode.
Please follow the below procedure as,
Inodes Usage Limits :
An inodes is a data structure used to keep information about a file on your hosting account. The number of inodes indicates the number of files and folders you have. This includes everything on your account, emails, files, folders, anything you store on the server.
Inode violations can include:
1. Creation and deletion of large numbers of files on a regular basis.
2. Causing file system damage.
3. Exceeding 250,000 inodes.
To View Stats for Inodes:
1. Login to cPanel
2. You can view the Inodes stats at the left side of the control panel
3. Click expand stats to see all of this data
4. Click collapse stats to view only the first 5 stats.
Attributes included in Inode :
The below mentioned points are the attributes are included in inode as,
1.File type and File Size
2.File permission,Ownership and group
3.File access, change ,deletion and modification time
4.Number of links
100% inode reached for particular domain means :
1.You won’t be able to send/receive new emails
2.You won’t be able to upload a new file to your account.
Hence it’ll affect the total performance of your account.
How to reduce the inode usage :
1. Remove all unnecessary files and folders from your account.
2. Remove cache files
3. Archive your emails
4. Other usage like Disk Space usage